Sunday, April 16, 2017

Review: How to Be a Bawse by Lilly Singh

How to Be a Bawse: A Guide to Conquering Life

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Synopsis:

From actress, comedian and YouTube sensation Lilly Singh (aka Superwoman) comes the definitive guide to being a BAWSE - a person who exudes confidence, reaches goals, gets hurt efficiently, and smiles genuinely because they've fought through it all and made it out the other side.

Told in her hilarious, bold voice that's inspired over 9 million fans, and using stories from her own life to illustrate her message, Lilly proves that there are no shortcuts to success.

WARNING: This book does NOT include hopeful thoughts, lucky charms, and cute quotes. That's because success, happiness and everything else you want in life needs to be fought for - not wished for. In Lilly's world, there are no escalators. Only stairs.



What I think:
I'm going to be completely honest. I bought this book because of Lilly's YouTube channel. I bought this book without even thinking twice if I'd even like the content.
I read parts of this book and listened to the audiobook. Lilly reading the book was a very nice touch and gave it a lot of personality.
This book was good, inspirational and funny. Lilly did a great job motivating her readers and making some pretty spot on comments about how we are all doing things "wrong". A lot of tips maybe didn't stick, but this was very inspirational and motivating to me and I believe that's the most important things this book gave me.
Reading this as a fan of Superwoman was great, a lot of stories she told were things I remember from vlogs she made a couple of years ago. I really felt connected to the stories and it was nice to discover her side of it all through her writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment