Sunday, June 19, 2016

Review: Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison - The Hollows #1

Dead Witch Walking Dead Witch Walking by Kim Harrison
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsis:
All the creatures of the night gather in "the Hollows" of Cincinnati, to hide, to prowl, to party ... and to feed.
Vampires rule the darkness in a predator-eat-predator world rife with dangers beyond imagining -- and it's Rachel Morgan's job to keep that world civilized.

A bounty hunter and witch with serious sex appeal and an attitude, she'll bring 'em back alive, dead ... or undead.


What I think:
I enjoyed this book just as much, if not even more, than the first time I've read it back when I was 14 years old.
I love how this story captures so much of the paranormal world, but keeping it so believable at the same time. I'm a sucker for a good paranormal story and now being older I probably enjoyed this adult story way more than I did when I first read it.
Rachel is a stubborn witch and even though her impulsive actions sometimes annoyed me, it worked out perfectly with the control freak vamp Ivy around. I think they're both extreme opposites and love how, when they actually work together, there's a perfect balance. And Jenks, the pixie, I just love him. He's cute, funny and makes light of everything, but when he has to protect his friends, he's there. His loyalty totally warmed my heart every time.
I'm excited to read more of this series (What did I get myself into? It's 13 books!) and hopefully get some more romance, because that kind of was background in this book. 

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment