Monday, January 18, 2016

Review: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - Vampire Academy #1

Vampire Academy Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Synopsys:

Lissa Dragomir is a Moroi princess: a mortal vampire with a rare gift for harnessing the earth's magic. She must be protected at all times from Strigoi; the fiercest vampires--the ones who never die. The powerful blend of human and vampire blood that flows through Rose Hathaway, Lissa's best friend, makes her a Dhampir. Rose is dedicated to a dangerous life of protecting Lissa from Strigoi, who are hell-bent on making Lissa one of them.


After two years of freedom, Rose and Lissa are caught and dragged back to St. Vladimir’s Academy, where vampire royalty and their guardians-to-be prepare for a life fraught with danger. Rose and Lissa must navigate their treacherous world and never once let their guard down, lest the evil undead make Lissa one of them forever. But soon Rose finds herself gripped by temptation of forbidden love, leaving Lissa exposed to Strigoi attack.... Now she must choose between the best friend she lives for, and the man she can't live without.


What I think:
I love this book just as much as I did the first time I've read it in 2011. The way Richelle Mead writes can pull you into the story without much trouble. This book was gripping and didn't never bored me. It's difficult to put this book down once you start reading it.
There's things I now understand better than the first time I've read this book. Even though it is a young adult book, age makes a huge difference. I guess it's like watching Disney movies when you're an adult and finally getting all of the jokes you didn't understand as a kid.
I'm excited about continuing this series. The first time reading in I only got to book 4, so there's still two books in the end that'll be completely new to me. Since it has been such a long time since I've first read these books it'll be great to read them again and rediscover them all over. I already loved the first book, of which I remembered everything because of the movie, so I'll probably enjoy reading the rest of this series even more.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment